Connect

Follow on Pinterest subscribe Email

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cheap & Healthy Alternative

So we all do it, we go to Pinterest, pin here and pin there. Healthy foods here and there. Money-saving ideas here and there.I must admit I am one of those. So I have been pinning new food ideas, DIY home decor ideas, crafts kids can do and so fort. 

The school has started and I now have some a couple of days without kids and work so that means some free time right? Free time to clean the house, vacuum, even shampoo the carpet more often, steam clean some nasty spots and even the car. 

And time to finally put those new ideas to the test. 

Here are a few things I tried and my feedback. 



It was still hot straight out of the oven. I took a small piece and let hubby try it without telling him what it was made out of. "Is that brownies? That is really creamy but not soggy or wet. Tastes good too." Those were his exact words. Hubby is not a chocolate person AT ALL! Oh, you don't have to ask me or my daughter, we love chocolate on anything or anything that looks like chocolate or has chocolate on/in it. My son loves it too. 

Next one....



Made out of chick peas and quick-cooking oats and chocolate chips of course. This and the black bean brownies are now part of our weekend menu. Need I say more? 

PB-Banana Ice Cream


I can not remember where I got this idea. It has been a while back. Ingredients? Peanut butter and bananas. That's it. I did not make it exactly that way though. 

Here are the ingredients I used:
3 Cut-up and frozen over ripe bananas
1/2 C Peanut butter (I used Jif Creamy)*
1/4 C instant or quick cooking oats*
1/8 t vanilla extract
*Ingredients can be adjusted according to preference. 

And with the help of my Ninja blender I made my very first homemade ice cream. I love it and so did my kids. Today was very humid so it was perfect for some ice cream.



And even if I am watching our budget I was still able to indulge myself in these yummy-licious food. All ingredients used here are already in my pantry... in abundance. 

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.